“Quang displays a level of excellence way beyond his years.” - Paul Carasco (Director of Master Performers Recording Studio, Brisbane, Australia)
Indeed true as it is, as young as only 5 years old, Quang Hong Luu was already introduced to classical music and piano by his talented father, Luu Quang Minh, Professor Dr., Artist of Merit, a well-known Accordionist and an expert in Jazz Music in Hanoi, Vietnam.
He drew attention from the music circles in his native country and beyond when he pursued his interests in classical music at the Vietnam National Music Academy, under the coaching of Professor Dr Tran Thu Ha from 1996 to 2006.
Since 2006, Quang progressed awesomely under the tutorage of Professor Kyung Hee Lee upon being rewarded a full scholarship to pursue his undergraduate studies at the Academy of Music and Performing Arts (AMPA) in Sydney, Australia.
In 2014, he was offered a full scholarship to pursue his postgraduate in piano performance at the Faculty of Music, University of Montreal, Canada. Under the guidance of his master pianist and teacher – Mr Dang Thai Son, Quang attained his master degree in Montreal. Prior to that, he had the great honor of being the first Vietnamese of the young generations to perform together with Mr Dang Thai Son in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in December 2013.
Quang is currently a principal study and ensemble lecturer at the Academy of Music & Performing Arts (AMPA) in Sydney, Australia.
Having achieved the above-mentioned and also having performed in prestigious concerts & orchestras, he is reputed as an exceptional young pianist with a series of international awards and recognitions to name a few:
- ♫ “Typical Vietnamese Youngster” by the central committee of the Ho Chi Minh communist youth union, Vietnam 2006
- ♫ Excellent Prize in 7th International Chopin Piano Competition in Asia, Tokyo Japan 2006
- ♫ The title of “Good person with good deeds” from Chairman of the Peopleʼs committee of Hanoi City, Vietnam 2007
- ♫ 1st prize winner of Recital Piano Award(18/under), supported by John&Louise Allison in Sydney Eisteddfod 2008
- ♫ 2nd prize winner with no 1st prize awarded at the Val Tidone international piano competition and music festival in Piacenza, Italy 2008
- ♫ Certificate of Excellence from Minister of culture, sport and tourism of Socialist Republic of Vietnam, 2008
- ♫ Certificate of Excellence from Prime Minister of the Government of Socialist Republic of Vietnam, 2009
- ♫ 1st prize winner of Chopin Piano(16/over), supported by Friends of Sydney Eisteddfod in Sydney Eisteddfod 2009
- ♫ 1st prize winner of Kawai Piano Award(any age), supported by Kawai Australia in Sydney Eisteddfod 2010
- ♫ 1st prize winner of 19th Century Piano(16/over), supported by Mr Laurie Butler in Sydney Eisteddfod 2010
- ♫ Awarded Diploma in Piano Music Performance with Distinction by the International Music Examinations Board in conjunction with the Australian International Conservatorium of Music, Sydney Australia 2010
- ♫ 3rd Prize winner of 20th and 21st Century Piano Award(16/over), supported by the John Lamble Foundation in Sydney Eisteddfod 2010
- ♫ 3rd Prize winner of Russian Piano Award(Any age), supported by Friends of Sydney Eisteddfod in Sydney Eisteddfod 2010
- ♫ 3rd Prize winner of 1st Hanoi International Piano Competition 2010 in Vietnam September 2010 and Special Prize - Peopleʼs Artist Dang Thai Son Scholarship
- ♫ Highly Commended prize of 18th Century Piano Award(16/over) in Sydney Eisteddfod 2010
- ♫ Labour Medal third class from State President of Socialist Republic of Vietnam, 2011
- ♫ “Typical youngster of the Capital city” from the executive board of the Ho Chi Minh communist youth union of Hanoi City, Vietnam 2011
- ♫ 1st prize winner at the Lev Vlassenko Piano competition, Brisbane August 2011 (the biggest and most prestigious national award for classical pianist) and 4 other prizes:
- ♫ “Vietnamese Seed” by the fund management board of Vietnamese developing Vietnamese Talents Seeds Fund, Vietnam 2012
- ♫ Winner of the Emerging Artists Concert Series 2012, supported by Theme and Variations Piano Services, Sydney Australia
- ♫ Best performance of a work by Liszt, donated by Australian Society for Keyboard Music - Gold Coast
- ♫ PrinaSalzman Memorial Prize for Chopin, donated by Barbara Leser
- ♫ Best Performance of a Classical Sonata, donated by Ed&Gillian Frazer
- ♫ Best Recital in Round 2, donated by Phillip Tucker
- ♫ 2nd Prize at the Euregio Piano Award international piano competition in Geilenkirchen, Germany 2015.
- ♫ Finalist of Allison/Henderson Sydney Eisteddfod Piano Scholarship(16-25 years), supported by the Estate of the late Mr John Allison
- ♫ One of the top 6 pianists in the Hasting international piano concerto piano competition in Hasting, England 2015
- ♫ One of the top 30 pianists in the world to be selected to compete in the prestigious Sydney international piano competition of Australia 2016.